toupee



YOU ruined everything
created an impossible situation
caused an unwanted reality
it will never be the same
an altered image has taken up residence
embedded itself in my brain
Unerasable. Unstoppable.
pretending it is not so
denial 
a lifelong habit
an invaluable survival apparatus
upended
now I can’t keep the thought out of my mind
it floats there
I attempt to adjust it
juxtapose it
turn it round and round
look at it from different directions
I try to see it
imagine it 
sometimes my mind wraps itself around it
ah ha I say
almost there
I reach for it
but no 
it can’t be
I try again
I just want to say something
with or without
yes and know
hair no hair
thanks just thanks
YOU ruined everything
© Karen Casady 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

jolly discourse

No.Thing.Nothing.